YouTube app will quickly cease engaged on older sensible TVs and iOS units
For those who personal a sensible TV or an iOS system that is getting a bit lengthy within the tooth, you might have to do some upgrading this week if you wish to proceed utilizing the YouTube app. As a consequence of sure modifications within the app’s API, it’s going to not work on a lot of fashions launched in 2012 or earlier, together with second-era Apple TVs, Panasonic TVs, Sony TVs and Blu-ray gamers, in addition to units operating Google TV variations 1 or 2. You will know you are affected if a video displaying the discover above performs upon firing up the app, although most fashions launched in 2013 or later are protected.
Now, if you need continued entry to the YouTube app, you will need to replace iPhones, iPads and iPods to iOS 7, at the very least. Third-gen Apple TVs want a platform improve, as properly, whereas Google TV model three or four units want the newest app replace out there on Google Play. Simply because your product is just too previous for upgrades doesn’t suggest you will should bid your YouTube binges farewell, although. The web site nonetheless masses on Safari (even on older iOS units) or on any sensible TV browser than helps flash/HTML5.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/apple-television/third-gen/” title=”Apple Apple TV third-gen evaluations” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • 111 </a>
- Sort Audio / video participant
- Video providers iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Different
- Audio providers iTunes
- Video codec help h.264 / AVC, Movement JPEG, MPEG-four, Quicktime
- Audio codec help AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1&#one hundred sixty;outputs)
- Audio outputs by way of HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Launched 2012-03-sixteen
<a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/ios/7/”> Apple iOS 7 </a>