WWDC 2014: Apple proclaims OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Craig Federighi launched OS X 10.10 Yosemite at WWDC 2014 as we speak, saying that it included an idea that Apple builders label as continuity. Like iOS 7 in 2013, OS X Yosemite acquired a serious design overhaul, together with redesigned icons and translucent backgrounds. Key options of OS X Yosemite embrace:
- A darkish mode for individuals who do not look after the sunshine themes.
- Redesigned icons and translucent backgrounds.
- Redesigned sidebars for apps.
- A brand new at the moment view for the notification comparable, just like the one that’s in iOS 7. This view could be expanded to point out further widgets from third-celebration apps.
- New views in Calendar for week and day views.
- A redesigned Highlight that appears and seems to behave rather a lot like Alfred and comparable app launchers.
- The addition of iCloud Drive, which can sync folders in your Mac to iOS and Home windows.
- A redesigned Mail with Mail Drop, which can ship giant attachments by means of iCloud to keep away from having emails bounce again from having too-giant attachments. There’s additionally the mixing of Preview options that allow you to mark up an e-mail.
- Redesigned Safari with a sensible search subject and the whole lot condensed right into a single bar.
- The power to AirDrop and hand-off information between Mac and iOS
- The power to immediately detect a cellular hotspot in case your telephone is close by
- The power to make and obtain telephone calls and SMS out of your Mac.
OS X Yosemite might be obtainable to builders immediately. These a part of the OS X Beta program will obtain the replace this summer time. It is going to be a free launch to the general public within the fall.