Tremendous Bowl XLIX Smashes Twitter Data
The New England Patriots weren’t the one shock winner final night time — the Tremendous Bowl additionally made historical past on social media.
Twitter hailed the Tremendous Bowl XLIX between Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots as "probably the most tweeted @Superbowl ever," with a document-breaking 28.four million tweets through the broadcast, beating final yr’s 24.9 million, in line with the social media platform.
The forty ninth soccer frenzy didn’t beat probably the most tweeted sports activities recreation, nevertheless, with 2014’s FIFA soccer semi-remaining between Germany and Brazil gaining 35.6 million tweets.
In line with Twitter, the three key moments in Sunday night time’s recreation have been:
- When Malcolm Butler intercepted a cross by Russell Wilson 20 seconds earlier than the sport ended. (395,000 tweets per minute)
- When the New England Patriots lastly gained the Tremendous Bowl XLIX (379,000 tweets per minute)
- Simply after Katy Perry had completed her halftime efficiency (284,000 tweets per minute)
When it got here to NFL gamers, Tom Brady was probably the most-mentioned New England Patriots participant, whereas Marshawn Lynch got here in as probably the most talked-about Seahawks participant.
- Watch Better of Tremendous Bowl in one hundred thirty five Seconds
- NFL Enters an Offseason Filled with Uncomfortable Questions
- Exes Ship Greatest Needs to Katy Perry, Tom Brady and Extra Throughout Tremendous Bowl
— Alexandra Gibbs, CNBC