Tim Prepare dinner explains why the iPod Basic needed to die
It was one of the best query pitched to Apple CEO at WSJD’s Reside convention: Why was the iPod discontinued? Apparently it is a quite simple cause: “We could not get the elements any extra,” defined Tim Prepare dinner. “They do not make them any extra.” Whereas the iPod Basic is not precisely a creaky transistor radio simply but, that is the way it went down. “We must make an entire new product…. the engineering work to try this can be large.” The troublesome fact that a few of you in all probability do not need to hear: “The quantity of people that needed it is extremely small.” So pour one out for the iPod Basic — and hit up eBay in case you’re nonetheless craving a clickwheel.
Nicole Lee contributed to this story.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/ipod/basic/” title=”Apple iPod basic evaluations” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • 134 </a>
- Sort Audio / video participant
- Media sort Inner storage (eighty GB, Exhausting drive)
- Audio playback time as much as 30 hours
- Video playback time as much as 5 hours
- Audio codec help AAC, MP3, WAV
- Dimensions four.1 x 2.four x zero.forty one in
- Weight four.9 oz
- Discontinued 2008-09