Taser’s on-officer cameras catch you within the act, proper to stay silent crucial
Taser Worldwide has launched an replace to its on-officer system, the AXON Flex. The brand new rig offers regulation enforcement officers with physique-mounted cameras that seize video proof “from the officer’s perspective.” These recording units might be affixed to the hat, collar, shoulder or on specifically designed Oakley shades and are ruggedized to IPX2 requirements. That is all properly and good, however what actually provides this setup nerd-cred is what may be executed with the captured video. Via a partnership with proof.com, the Flex system can ship footage to a “army grade” cloud-based mostly storage system for protected protecting; there’s additionally an on-website storage choice for IT-savvy forces. As if that weren’t sufficient, Taser and Looxcie have co-developed a smartphone app — obtainable for iOS or Android — that may permit officers to assessment captured clips and add GPS coordinates, notes or timestamps. The system’s objective is to guard officers from “false claims, improve public belief [and] lower litigation.” AXON Flex is about to be launched in Q1 and could have a base worth of round $seven hundred. Do not tase movie me, bro.
Level of View Video System Mounts on Oakley Eyewear and Introduces Superior Bluetooth&commerce; Streaming to Smartphone Platforms
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Feb. 21, 2011 – TASER Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: TASR), a worldwide supplier of security applied sciences that forestall battle, shield life and resolve disputes, at this time launched the AXON&commerce; Flex&commerce; on-officer digital camera – an on-physique video recording system that captures video proof from the officer’s perspective.
TASER, the world chief in on-officer cameras, created the brand new AXON Flex perspective digital camera, a technological breakthrough on the earth of on-officer video units. With a number of mounting choices, together with a seamless integration with Oakley, Inc’s Flak Jacket eyewear, AXON Flex&commerce; techniques are TASER’s latest providing within the subject of proof-capturing know-how and permits officers flexibility, simplicity and wearability. As well as, AXON Flex techniques function Looxcie Inc.’s proprietary video over Bluetooth&commerce; streaming know-how that permits officers to evaluation occasions on a smartphone software supported by Apple iOS&commerce; and Google Android&commerce; working methods. To enrich the digital camera answer, TASER supplies EVIDENCE.com&commerce; service, an business-main, army-grade encryption and proof administration system with the choice of “cloud” or on-website storage capabilities.
NEWS FACTS • AXON Flex on-officer digital camera system is a self-contained, tactical, audio-video recording and networking gadget designed for and worn by regulation enforcement officers
• AXON Flex system’s capability to seize proof from the officer’s perspective helps shield officers from false claims, improve public belief, enhance civilian conduct, lower litigation and make communities safer at a decrease value than incar dashboard cameras or different video options
• AXON Flex know-how is a buyer-centric product, designed to deal with officer requests for simplicity, flexibility and ease-of-use by incorporating options resembling smartphone compatibility
• AXON Flex cameras might be worn on one among Oakley’s prime-promoting eyewear equipment, the Oakley Flak Jacket. AXON Flex techniques additionally supply the next further mounting choices at launch, with extra to return: − Collar Mount − Epaulette Mount − Ball Cap Mount− Helmet Mount
• TASER will present free entry to the safe, cloud-based mostly proof storage answer EVIDENCE.com service for a full yr to each company buying the brand new AXON Flex cameras o EVIDENCE.com service offers a degree of knowledge safety and administration that businesses merely can’t present for themselves with no devoted IT employees
• AXON Flex models are anticipated to start business shipments within the first quarter and shall be competitively priced at $seven hundred for the bottom digital camera with all kinds of equipment out there
• Options of the AXON Flex system: − The prolonged controller module provides 12-hour battery life for a full-shift video buffer that may document the 30 seconds previous an officer’s activating the unit so incidents are absolutely captured − The hardware has been designed to guard the digital camera from impression and stand up to the weather with IPX2 climate resistance − AXON Flex cameras makes use of an business-main imager and sensor, which have been engineered to imitate the human eye’s capabilities, capturing a excessive degree of element in low mild circumstances − The top-worn Flex DVR digital camera and magnetic clip weigh solely 15 grams, leading to considerably larger consolation than another regulation-enforcement video system
• Utilizing the AXON Flex&commerce; Cellular app (obtainable for Android and iOS enabled platforms), officers can use their very own smartphones to view a stay feed of Flex footage, assessment movies saved on the digital camera and add info similar to notes, timestamps or GPS location to these movies.
• Looxcie and TASER joint-developed the video-to-smartphone know-how with a view to convey a complicated, palms-free sturdy digital camera focused for the regulation enforcement market
Tags: Android, Axon, AXON Flex, AxonFlex, digital camera, cloud, cloud storage, CloudStorage, proof, Proof.com, Flex, GPS, iOS, regulation enforcement, LawEnforcement, cellular, police, smartphone, storage, TASER, video, video proof, VideoEvidence