Rayman Legends idea video showcases scrapped NFC options
Whereas Tremendous Smash Bros. for Wii U and its Amiibo military are presently dominating retailer cabinets, Ubisoft’s Rayman Legends was as soon as slated to be the primary Wii U recreation to supply determine-powered nearfield communication (NFC) options, Unseen sixty four reviews.
The idea trailer above, meant for inner use inside Ubisoft, exhibits gamers summoning new parts into ranges by putting figures (together with a Rabbid toy) on the Wii U gamepad. The footage encompasses a prototype Wii U controller that hadn’t finalized its NFC know-how, so figures are positioned on the gamepad’s display, somewhat than on the NFC badge current within the remaining model. Ubisoft ultimately scrapped its plans for NFC help, and Rayman Legends figures by no means made it to retail.
Unseen sixty four moreover exhibits off idea artwork for ranges that did not make the reduce for the ultimate model of Rayman Legends, together with a lately unearthed “Dracula’s Citadel” world. An idea video showcasing these ranges is accessible right here.
SOURCE: Unseen sixty four
Tags: amiibo beta nfc nintendo prototype rayman-legends ubisoft unreleased wii-u
- Key specs
- Recreation format Optical disc, Downloadable
- On-line options Multiplayer, Voice chat, Retailer, Browser
- Drive capability eight GB
- Controller sort Wi-fi
- Movement controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Digital camera / optical
- Video outputs Element, HDMI (v1.four), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward suitable 1&#one hundred sixty;generations
- Launched 2012-eleven-18