Queen Elizabeth II takes to an iPad to ship her first Tweet
Queen Elizabeth II of England is fairly critically previous-faculty. She casually indicators her identify, “Elizabeth R.” (the “R” stands for “Regina” or, in English, “Queen”). She wears killer matching outfits (as seen above) that may be at house in 1962. However she’s additionally not above leaping into the fashionable age each from time to time. Take, for example, the tweet that she despatched this morning — her first ever — from London’s Science Museum. It is how she helped open an exhibit on “The Info Age” — a reside-motion tweet from an iPad.
There’s some contestation over whether or not she despatched the tweet herself; the tweet originates on an iPhone, although the Queen was clearly utilizing an iPad. Does it actually matter? Do you care? That is all a publicity stunt anyway, proper? Let’s all simply take pleasure in that lovely blue gown and the killer matching hat. The tweet, in all its glory, might be discovered under.
Replace: We have got an particularly hilarious replace on the did she/did not she debate, straight from a spokesperson for the Queen of England: “If an iPhone was concerned it was purely processology.” And no, in case you are questioning, “processology” is not an actual phrase.
It’s a pleasure to open the Info Age exhibition right now on the @ScienceMuseum and I hope individuals will take pleasure in visiting. Elizabeth R.
– BritishMonarchy (@BritishMonarchy) October 24, 2014
MORE COVERAGE: Time Journal
Tags: apple ipad london londonsciencemuseum mobilepostcross monarchy queenelizabeth queenelizabethii twitter
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/ipad/air-2/” title=”Apple iPad Air 2 evaluations” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • 12 </a>
- Type issue Pill
- Working system iOS (eight)
- Display measurement 9.7 inches
- Storage sort Inner storage (sixteen GB, Flash)
- Most battery life As much as 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.four x 6.6 x zero.24 in
- Weight zero.ninety six lb
- Introduced 2014-10-sixteen