Qualcomm confirms lack of a ‘giant buyer’, in all probability Samsung
Qualcomm’s presence inside most of the world’s hottest cellular units over the previous few years has stored the cash coming in (creating the necessity for the image proven above), however at this time there was some dangerous information. In its This fall earnings launch, the corporate revealed (PDF) “Expectations that our Snapdragon 810 processor won’t be within the upcoming design cycle of a giant buyer’s flagship system.” Uh-oh. Regardless that it did not say who the massive buyer is, for years there have been expectations that Samsung would ultimately cease counting on Qualcomm chips to run lots of its Galaxy telephones.
This would seem to line up with rumors from Bloomberg final week that declare Samsung will use one in every of its personal Exynos CPUs within the subsequent Galaxy S as a result of the Snapdragon 810 overheated in testing. In fact, it isn’t all dangerous information — even the revised revenue estimates are solely right down to between $28 and $26 billion, in comparison with $28.eight and $26.eight billion, and LG has already confirmed plans to make use of the 810 in its upcoming G Flex 2. On an earnings name in the present day with analysts CEO Steve Mollenkopf disregarded the overheating declare, saying the half works as anticipated.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/samsung/galaxy/s/” title=”Samsung Galaxy S critiques” goal=”_blank”> Evaluations • seventy eight </a>
- Sort Smartphone
- Working system Android (Eclair [2.0 / 2.1])
- Display measurement four inches
- Inner reminiscence eight GB
- Digital camera 5&#one hundred sixty;megapixels
- Speak time 2G (as much as thirteen.5 hours), 3G (as much as 6.5 hours)
- Dimensions four.eighty two x 2.fifty three x zero.39 in
- Weight four.2 oz