Pushbullet Can Now Ship Your iOS Notifications To Your Mac, Raises $1.5M
Since spherical March of ultimate yr, Pushbullet has achieved a damned good job of forwarding messages and notifications out of your Android phone to your Mac.
Within the current day, Pushbullet constructive elements assist for iOS — and whereas they’re at it, they’ve launched a faithful Mac app and raised $1.5 million.
They’ve put collectively a fairly robust demo video of their new iOS app, nevertheless proper right here’s the important rundown of what Pushbullet can do:
- Forward notifications — along with ones from third-get collectively apps, and with none modifications to the app by the developer — out of your phone to your Mac (a House home windows shopper is accessible, nevertheless in beta). Are your buddies texting nevertheless your phone is all through the room in your bag? They’ll current up correct inside the nook of your show.
- You’ll silence alerts on an app-by-app basis in case you don’t want Fb alerts popping up endlessly.
- You probably can dismiss phone notifications out of your laptop
- Ship hyperlinks/info out of your desktop to your phone (or vice versa) with solely a click on on or two. It’s a fairly slick answer to repeat/paste between models.
- On iOS, it makes use of Bluetooth LE to be sure you’re really comparatively near your laptop when it’s forwarding alerts. Do you have to stroll away out of your laptop or lend it to a buddy, your notifications routinely stop forwarding.
Concurrently, the company is saying that it raised a seed spherical of $1.5 million. Consumers on this spherical are Widespread Catalyst, SV Angel, Paul Bucheit (creator of Gmail), Alexis Ohanian (Reddit co-founder; half time YC Affiliate), Garry Tan (Posthaven co-founder; YC Companion) and totally different angel consumers that weren’t disclosed.
And to spherical off a day of tales, the company moreover launched a faithful Mac app and a Safari extension. Pushbullet initially began its life as a Chrome extension, finally discovering its technique to Firefox and Opera. Now it’s appropriate with almost every principal browser — or as its private issue, no browser required. You’ll uncover the devoted Mac app correct proper right here, and the new iOS app proper right here.
I’ve been using Pushbullet since I first wrote about it once more in March — and with out realizing it, it’s transform one factor of a staple in my workflow. I didn’t uncover how lots I leaned on it until I wanted to clear off my Android phone and subsequently spent a few days with out it; until I acquired spherical to reinstalling it, my phone felt hobbled.