Playdate: We’re livestreaming ‘Shovel Knight’ for Wii U! (replace: recreation over!)
Welcome, ladygeeks and gentlenerds, to the brand new period of gaming. The one the place you get to observe, and remark, as different individuals livestream gameplay from subsequent-gen consoles. As a result of video games! They’re enjoyable!
In Shovel Knight, you are a knight with a shovel. Appears fairly easy, proper? Nicely, that is type of the purpose. The newest from developer Yacht Membership Video games is a visit again to the eight-bit days of yore, and it goals to scratch that nostalgic itch with out requiring you to dig the Nintendo Leisure System out of your closet. Relying on the way you spend your gaming time, although, you may need to mud off your Wii U earlier than giving this retro platformer a spin. Shovel Knight takes the perfect elements of classics like Mega Man, Castlevania, Legend of Zelda and a handful of others, tosses them in a blender and provides a number of trendy conveniences. Curious to see the result? Nicely, come again right here at four PM Pacific/7 PM Japanese and watch as I hit every part with a shovel and check out to not die while doing so.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/nintendo/wii/u/” title=”Nintendo Wii U critiques” goal=”_blank”> Evaluations • forty nine </a>
- Recreation format Optical disc, Downloadable
- On-line options Multiplayer, Voice chat, Retailer, Browser
- Drive capability eight GB
- Controller sort Wi-fi
- Movement controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Digital camera / optical
- Video outputs Element, HDMI (v1.four), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward suitable 1&#one hundred sixty;generations
- Launched 2012-eleven-18