Pixelmator now $30, obtainable solely on Mac App Retailer
Pixelmator is a picture-modifying app for Mac that has a whole lot of followers. For simply US$fifty nine, it performs most of the duties that can be achieved with the far more costly Adobe Photoshop. The builders, Saulius and Aidas Dailide, have introduced that Pixelmator will now be obtainable solely by way of the Mac App Retailer. The worth tag for Pixelmator has dropped as nicely; for a restricted time, you should purchase the app for $29.ninety nine, making it much more of a discount.
So why did the builders determine to maneuver Pixelmator to the Mac App Retailer? In a weblog posting on the Pixelmator website, they cite the next causes (quoted from the submit):
- The Mac App Retailer is the way forward for Pixelmator (and doubtless of all different nice Mac apps, too) gross sales and distribution.
- Because of the Mac App Retailer, set up of your favourite picture editor turns into simpler than ever.
- As a result of we’re all the time enhancing Pixelmator, you’ll relaxation assured that your Pixelmator is all the time up-to-date with the newest enhancements and options inside the Mac App Retailer.
- With the Mac App Retailer, you possibly can simply re-obtain Pixelmator anytime you would like. That is particularly helpful whenever you get a brand new Mac.
- With the Mac App Retailer, the complications of coping with all these serial numbers and anti-piracy system stuff are gone ceaselessly.
Peter Cohen at The Loop interviewed Saulius Dailide, and the interview reveals insights into the worth change — it is principally a approach for present customers of the app to transition to the brand new Mac App Retailer buy and improve infrastructure with out being penalized. By buying the app on the lower cost level now, consumers obtain a free improve to the upcoming Pixelmator 2.zero.
A number of of the TUAW staffers have made Pixelmator their first Mac App Retailer buy, and through the transition interval it is definitely a very good deal for an awesome piece of software program.