Pencil on Paper: meet the stylus for FiftyThree's fashionable iPad sketching app
If you’re the creator of an award-profitable iPad sketchbook app, making your personal stylus can be a logical transfer. Unsurprisingly, that is precisely what FiftyThree, the brains behind Microsoft’s Courier undertaking and builders of Paper, intend to do. The corporate’s new “Pencil” capacitive stylus has simply popped up on the FCC, outlining its plans to equip Paper customers with a rubber-tipped low energy Bluetooth accent that may draw on a touchscreen “like a canvas.” The paperwork element two fashions: one crafted from wooden and the opposite from aluminum alloy.
The FCC approval highlights FiftyThree’s want to additional broaden past Apple’s App Retailer and enterprise into new markets. The corporate lately partnered with Moleskine to permit Paper customers to create a $forty customized-printed 15-web page “E-book” of sketches and designs created inside the app. The brand new merchandise will instantly compete with Wacom’s bluetooth-enabled stylii, and naturally with plain previous fingers — which can doubtless nonetheless be welcome within the Paper app, even after the Pencil involves market.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/ipad/air-2/” title=”Apple iPad Air 2 critiques” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • 12 </a>
- Type issue Pill
- Working system iOS (eight)
- Display measurement 9.7 inches
- Storage sort Inner storage (sixteen GB, Flash)
- Most battery life As much as 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.four x 6.6 x zero.24 in
- Weight zero.ninety six lb
- Introduced 2014-10-sixteen