Nintendo Direct E3 2014 recap: Amiibo, squid-women, Smash Bros.
Nintendo skipped the normal stage-based mostly press convention this yr at E3, however contemplating that allowed for a Robotic Hen-animated introduction and a Tremendous Smash Bros.-impressed fistfight between Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime and Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata, we’re okay with that. Hopefully you have been with us when our jaws dropped in a mix of shock and confusion, however should you weren’t, we’ve a comfort prize for you:
Recaaaaaaaaaap! We could?
- A brand new challenger approaches! It is … you! Tremendous Smash Bros. for Wii U will permit your Mii avatar to enter the sport. This may be the closest you will ever get to truly touching Mario’s face. Together with your fist.
- It can even be the primary recreation to help NFC know-how by means of miniature figures that gamers will be capable of scan into the sport, a la Skylanders and Disney Infinity. And simply what are these statuettes referred to as? “Amiibo.” No, we do not actually see the connection both.
- Ain’t no get together like Smash Bros. get together cuz a Smash Bros. get together do not cease! Extra Smash information: the 3DS model of Nintendo’s brawler will attain cabinets on October three.
- Now that the Smash Bros. get together has stopped, time to speak about one other Nintendo franchise: Yoshi. Yoshi’s Wooly World is coming to Wii U in 2015.
- Are ye prepared to unravel 3D puzzles and gather stars, youngsters? Aye aye, Captain Toad! Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker is a newly-introduced Wii U recreation coming this vacation season.
- A new recreation within the Zelda collection for Wii U might not really feel like a lot of a shock, however the truth that it is being designed with a world construction that hearkens again to the open, explorable forests of the NES unique Legend of Zelda could be. The but-unnamed Zelda recreation is predicted in 2015.
- Luckily, a sure inexperienced tunic-sporting hero will nonetheless get his probability to shine on Wii U this yr – Hyrule Warriors, Nintendo’s collaborative effort with Tecmo Koei, is eyeing a stateside launch date of September 26.
- Pokemon Alpha Sapphire / Omega Ruby might be making a splash (or mountain, relying on which model you select) on 3DS techniques on November 21.
- Bayonetta’s boots have been made for shootin’, and that is simply what they will do in October. Nervous about leaping into the acrobatic witch’s story midway by way of? Extra excellent news: Bayonetta 2 for Wii U will embrace the unique Bayonetta, with a number of surprises. Critically, take a look at the trailer.
- Nintendo little question floor up nothing however farm-recent rainbows to taste its upcoming Kirby’s Rainbow Curse, which seems to be like one tasty gameburger. (Sorry, we have been a bit of hungry once we wrote this.) The top of this rainbow lands someplace in 2015.
- The newly-introduced Splatoon options schoolgirls and a variety of tentacles, however don’t be concerned, this recreation is not going the place you assume it’s. In improvement by a group working underneath the supervision of Shigeru Miyamoto, the sport has gamers utilizing squirt weapons to shoot ink as their ammunition in four-on-four battles.
- So that you assume you possibly can degree design? Show it in Mario Maker, a 2015 Wii U title that may allow you to create your personal Tremendous Mario Bros.-fashion ranges.
- Xenoblade Chronicles sequel Xenoblade Chronicles X will deliver big anime robots to Nintendo’s console someday in 2015. Repeat: we’re go for large robots.
- Can we nonetheless hold utilizing “bros.” in Tremendous Smash Bros. when the roster receives a brand new feminine fighter? Goddess Palutena from Child Icarus will train different Nintendo characters to battle like a goddess when she enters the fray on the recreation’s launch.
Nintendo went out the best way they recreation in (preventing), however continued to disclose extra information after the Nintendo Direct stream ended. Remember to take a look at our Nintendo E3 2014 tag for extra bulletins and divulges.
- Key specs
- Recreation format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Display measurement three.fifty three inches
- On-line options Multiplayer, Retailer, Browser
- Course management D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Movement controls Accelerometer, Digital camera / optical
- Dimensions zero.eight x 5.three x 2.9 in
- Weight eight oz
- Launched 2011-03-27