Netflix iPad app now obtainable within the App Retailer (replace: ABC Participant, too)
We might gotten wind of the Netflix iPad app earlier this morning, however when it wasn’t included within the first batch of apps to hit the App Retailer we simply assumed it was approaching Saturday — or probably even later. However worry not, film followers: it is simply gone reside, full with screenshot affirmation that it will do streaming video. That is an enormous win for Apple and the iPad, given the restrictions on cellular units Netflix has historically operated underneath — keep in mind, Microsoft was solely allowed to say the Home windows Telephone 7 Collection Netflix app was a “prototype” when it was demoed at MIX. We’re guessing the blurry line between the iPad and common laptops / netbooks labored in Netflix’s favor right here, however that is only a semantic debate — we’re far more amused by the truth that the app itself is rated 12+ within the App Retailer for “Simulated Playing,” “Fantasy Violence,” and “Suggestive Themes,” just because it performs again films out of your queue which may have such scandalous content material. Oh, App Retailer — you really are a paradise of misapplied bureaucratic intent unequaled within the tragic historical past of our civilization.
Replace: Seems to be just like the ABC Participant (opens iTunes) is now additionally out there within the app retailer for the low, low worth of nada.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/ipad/air-2/” title=”Apple iPad Air 2 critiques” goal=”_blank”> Evaluations • 12 </a>
- Type issue Pill
- Working system iOS (eight)
- Display measurement 9.7 inches
- Storage sort Inner storage (sixteen GB, Flash)
- Most battery life As much as 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.four x 6.6 x zero.24 in
- Weight zero.ninety six lb
- Introduced 2014-10-sixteen