Microsoft’s first Xbox-unique documentary is digging up Atari’s previous
Microsoft’s Xbox Leisure Studios will launch its first unique documentary manufacturing subsequent yr, a movie exploring the rise and fall of recreation business legacy Atari. You learn that proper: a contemporary recreation console producer is making a documentary a few failed recreation console producer. A bit meta in the event you ask us!
Anyway, the documentary will concentrate on digging up the symbolic grave of the early recreation business: a burial website with “tens of millions of unsold recreation cartridges” in New Mexico. The sport in query was the Atari 2600 adaptation of E.T., a vacation 1982 launch — typically referred to as one of many worst video games ever made. A brand new manufacturing studio co-based by Simon and Jonathan Chinn (Man on Wire, FX’s 30 Days), named Lightbox, is heading up manufacturing; filming is slated to start out in early 2014, with an unique debut on each Xbox 360 and Xbox One sooner or later later within the yr.
It is unlikely that the Atari doc would be the first product from Xbox Leisure Studios to launch in 2014, as exhibits are scheduled to roll out beginning in early 2014.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/microsoft/xbox/360/” title=”Microsoft Xbox 360 evaluations” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • 361 </a>
- Recreation format Optical disc, Downloadable
- On-line options Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Retailer
- Drive capability four GB
- Controller sort Wired, Wi-fi
- Movement controls Digital camera / optical
- Video outputs Element, HDMI (v1.four)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Launched 2010-08-03
<a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/microsoft/xbox/one/”> Microsoft Xbox One </a>