Mac one hundred and one: Methods to handle web site Push Notifications in OS X Mavericks
OS X Mavericks added a brand new function to Safari that permits web sites to ship you push notifications when there’s breaking information and different new content material. Web sites that help this perform will show a pop-up asking you if you wish to obtain alerts if you go to their web site for the primary time. In case you are like me, chances are you’ll click on on the button simply to get the alert out of the best way with out realizing what you simply permitted.
Fortunately, Apple supplies a simple means so that you can handle these push notifications inside Safari. In Safari’s preferences part, you possibly can see which web sites are sending you alerts and which of them are disabled. You can also disable these typically annoying push notification requests solely.
Comply with these steps under to handle your Safari push notification listing and different push notification preferences:
1. Open Safari and choose “Safari” from the menu after which select “Preferences.”
2. Click on on the tab labeled “Notifications.”
three. The dialog field ought to show your web site listing on the prime, with every website’s push notification standing clearly indicated as “Permit” or “Deny.”
four. Choose “Permit” if you’d like an internet site to ship you push notifications or “Deny” if you wish to disable the alerts.
5. You can also use the buttons on the backside to take away web sites from the listing, individually by way of “Take away” or in bulk utilizing “Take away All.”
6. On the backside, there’s a checkbox labeled “Permit web sites to ask for permission to ship push notifications”, which is the worldwide change that toggles on and off the notification request function (the popup that asks if you’d like alerts).
7. If you choose that checkbox, then web sites will ask you whether or not you need push notifications.
eight. For those who deselect this checkbox, Safari will ignore all push notification requests and you may browse uninterrupted. Observe: For those who do not see this checkbox then you could replace Safari as it is just out there in Safari 7.zero.three.
9. If you wish to high-quality tune your alerts, you’ll be able to click on on the “Notifications Preferences” button to open the system-large notification settings for OS X.
10. This notification panel permits you modify how the alerts are displayed (None, Banners, Alerts) in addition to forestall the alerts from showing both on the lock display or in Notification Middle.