iPhone, iPad are tops in enterprise activations
Throughout Tuesday’s earnings name, Apple CEO Tim Prepare dinner famous that ninety four % of the Fortune 500 are deploying or testing iOS units. Now these numbers are being validated by information from enterprise mobility software supplier Good Know-how.
In an evaluation of smartphones and tablets activated by Good’s clients made in the course of the first three months of 2012, the corporate discovered that the iPhone 4S claimed over 37 % of all activations — 4 occasions that of another smartphone. The iPad 2 was within the second place spot for activations with 17.7 %, whereas the brand new iPad (which was on sale for less than two weeks through the quarter) was within the quantity 4 place with four.three % of all gadget activations.
What’s driving this demand for iPhones and iPads? In line with Good, it is each company BYOD (deliver your personal gadget) packages and “proactive, firm-owned iPad deployments.” John Herrema, senior vice chairman of company technique for Good Know-how, was quoted as saying that the expansion included “customers who’ve each a smartphone and a pill, with the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 as probably the most incessantly occurring mixture.”
[by way of The Loop]
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/ipad/air-2/” title=”Apple iPad Air 2 evaluations” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • 12 </a>
- Type issue Pill
- Working system iOS (eight)
- Display measurement 9.7 inches
- Storage sort Inner storage (sixteen GB, Flash)
- Most battery life As much as 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.four x 6.6 x zero.24 in
- Weight zero.ninety six lb
- Introduced 2014-10-sixteen