iPad ‘check mannequin’ swiped in Cupertino kidnapping
Regardless of Apple’s infamous love for secrecy, it famously misplaced a prototype system up to now (perhaps even two), when considered one of its staff left it in a bar. Now, the corporate may need misplaced one other: a 20-yr-previous man reported that a couple robbed his Cupertino house and took an iPad “check mannequin” with them, together with $7,500, prescribed drugs and extra electronics. It is unclear at this level what precisely “check mannequin” means, and if it is a prototype for an upcoming model or one for an earlier iteration. Both means, it hasn’t been returned but, regardless that the couple is already in custody.
In accordance with Mercury Information, the sufferer was kidnapped by the duo after answering the lady’s commercial (its nature wasn’t revealed) and assembly them two blocks away. All of them drove to the sufferer’s home, the place his visitors pepper-sprayed him at knifepoint. Whereas authorities refused to disclose extra particulars concerning the pill, we’ll doubtless hear extra about it in case it is an upcoming model. In any case, Apple has already confirmed that it will go to nice lengths to retrieve and shield its unreleased units.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/ipad/air-2/” title=”Apple iPad Air 2 critiques” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • eleven </a>
- Type issue Pill
- Working system iOS (eight)
- Display measurement 9.7 inches
- Storage sort Inner storage (sixteen GB, Flash)
- Most battery life As much as 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.four x 6.6 x zero.24 in
- Weight zero.ninety six lb
- Introduced 2014-10-sixteen