Half-Life 2: Episode One lands on NVIDIA’s Defend pill, skips handheld
After efficiently porting two of Valve’s hottest franchises to the NVIDIA Defend, in the present day’s information is just pure – Half-Life 2: Episode One is now obtainable for obtain on Google Play as a Defend unique. The enlargement’s launch is notable not solely as but one other excessive-profile PC recreation worming its method into the Android ecosystem, but in addition as a potential marker of one thing else: the sluggish dying of NVIDIA’s unique Defend handheld. NVIDIA’s unique gaming moveable continues to be obtainable, nevertheless it will not run the platform’s newest launch: that is a pill unique.
It isn’t the primary pill unique recreation to return to the Defend: the slate launched with a handful of Tegra K1 optimized video games, together with a handful of native Android video games and Trine 2. There have been enhanced ports of Half-Life 2 and Portal on the pill too, however these titles have been obtainable on the corporate’s handheld Defend as nicely. Leaving out the moveable is not too shocking (Half-Life 2 ran considerably higher on the pill, in any case), however be forewarned: the Tegra four is seemingly getting just a little lengthy within the tooth.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/nvidia/defend/” title=”NVIDIA Defend evaluations” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • thirteen </a>
- Recreation format Downloadable, Constructed-in recreation(s)
- Display measurement 5 inches
- Touchscreen Capacitive [finger]
- On-line options Multiplayer, Retailer, Browser
- Path management D-pad, Thumb stick (2)
- Launched 2013-07-31