Apple and IBM customise iPads to assist the aged in Japan
The partnership between tech giants Apple and IBM, which started final yr, is not nearly enjoying good with one another. In Japan, the 2 corporations simply introduced an initiative that may ship as much as 5 million iPads to Japanese senior residents, for free of charge. Apple, IBM and the Japan Submit Group, an area company that is additionally concerned with the venture, say the aim is to “enhance the standard of life” for tens of millions of aged individuals within the Land of the Rising Solar. How so? Nicely, the iPads are stated to function customized-constructed apps by IBM, all designed with senior residents in thoughts — some can be utilized to set reminders and alerts about drugs, or to request assist with issues like grocery buying.
Not surprisingly, Apple’s additionally touting out-of-the-field iPad providers reminiscent of FaceTime and Messages, which those that profit from this system might use to remain in contact with family members. There are not any particulars on the mannequin of the iPads being offered, however likelihood is these senior residents will not care an excessive amount of about such particulars.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/ipad/air-2/” title=”Apple iPad Air 2 critiques” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • eleven </a>
- Type issue Pill
- Working system iOS (eight)
- Display measurement 9.7 inches
- Storage sort Inner storage (sixteen GB, Flash)
- Most battery life As much as 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.four x 6.6 x zero.24 in
- Weight zero.ninety six lb
- Introduced 2014-10-sixteen