American Airways flights delayed due to an iPad glitch
A few years in the past, American Airways swapped out its pilots’ “flight bag” for iPads loaded with the terminal charts and different reference supplies they’re required to hold. Dropping the 35 lbs of supplies for a pill (some eight,000 of them) was an excellent tradeoff, however tonight an obvious glitch is grounding a number of the airline’s flights. American Airways confirmed the difficulty in a press release to Engadget, saying “Some flights are experiencing a problem with a software program software on pilot iPads”, and that a number of the flights needed to return to the gate for a WiFi connection to repair the difficulty. In response to the Dallas Morning Information a number of dozen flights are affected, though it isn’t clear what brought on the glitch.
Some flights are experiencing a problem with a software program software on pilot iPads. In some instances, the flight has needed to return to the gate to entry a Wifi connection to repair the difficulty. We apologize for the inconvenience to our clients. We’re working to have them on the best way to their vacation spot as quickly as potential.
@bjacaruso Some flights are experiencing a problem with a software program software on pilot iPads. We’ll have information about your departure quickly.
– American Airways (@AmericanAir) April 29, 2015
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/ipad/air-2/” title=”Apple iPad Air 2 evaluations” goal=”_blank”> Evaluations • eleven </a>
- Type issue Pill
- Working system iOS (eight)
- Display measurement 9.7 inches
- Storage sort Inner storage (sixteen GB, Flash)
- Most battery life As much as 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.four x 6.6 x zero.24 in
- Weight zero.ninety six lb
- Introduced 2014-10-sixteen