AMC’s plans for an web TV service leak out, however do not anticipate ‘Mad Males’
AMC’s cable TV channel has advanced from the house of previous films to internet hosting TV collection, topped by Mad Males, Breaking Dangerous and The Strolling Lifeless. Now, the notorious “individuals with information of the state of affairs” have revealed that it is engaged on a brand new subscription web service. First reported in The Info, the rumors recommend AMC will launch web sites targeted on particular classes, like documentaries or horror, probably with the assistance of an internet video startup it is invested in referred to as DramaFever. That is one approach to go in fact, as an alternative of the “a few of the whole lot” route at present dominated by Netflix, Amazon and Hulu. A Bloomberg report says it will not host licensed exhibits like Mad Males (already tied up in licenses to the opposite providers) so it is unclear precisely what content material they could have to start out. AMC has two video on-demand channels already, and its cable expertise ought to serve it properly within the all of the sudden crowded web market. If that is nearly as good because it will get for the normal cable bundle — and AMC cannot improve charges for its channel — making an attempt its hand on the web could possibly be a approach to develop.
Replace: These websites in all probability will not have Breaking Dangerous spin-off Higher Name Saul both, however AMC simply introduced that whereas the collection’ premiere is delayed till 2015, it has already picked the present up for a second season.
[Image credit: Jordin Althaus/AP Photo/AMC]
– AMC (@AMC_TV) June 19, 2014
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/apple/apple-television/third-gen/” title=”Apple Apple TV third-gen critiques” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • 111 </a>
- Sort Audio / video participant
- Video providers iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Different
- Audio providers iTunes
- Video codec help h.264 / AVC, Movement JPEG, MPEG-four, Quicktime
- Audio codec help AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1&#one hundred sixty;outputs)
- Audio outputs by way of HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Launched 2012-03-sixteen