2014 Ford Fiesta will get MyFord Contact, smarter Sync voice instructions
For all of Ford’s emphasis on Sync, it is exhausting to disclaim that Fiesta drivers often sit on the underside rung of the automaker’s know-how ladder once they’re denied MyFord Contact and the associated perks of bigger automobiles. Decide up the keys to a better-spec 2014 Fiesta, nevertheless, and you will be in for a deal with. The compact will stuff a 6.5-inch touchscreen and MyFord Contact into the middle stack, with a number of software program upgrades over what we have already seen in automobiles just like the Focus and Fusion. The spotlight is undoubtedly the extra direct voice command system — the Nuance-pushed recognition not calls for that we specify music classes or radio codecs to start out enjoying tunes. Bluetooth smartphone pairing and navigation by handle ought to be streamlined on the similar time. Motorists should wait till 2013 to reap the rewards, however it could possibly be well worth the wait to drive away with Ford’s higher electronics in an reasonably priced experience.
New 2014 Ford Fiesta Provides MyFord Contact with Improved Voice Recognition, Navigation and Telephone Pairing
- 2014 Ford Fiesta involves market with probably the most complete suite of in-automotive connectivity know-how options out there in a small automotive: SYNC® with MyFord Contact® that includes a brand new 6.5-inch LCD contact display
- The know-how is driving up buy consideration and attraction of Ford merchandise, confirmed by inner knowledge displaying new automobiles ordered with MyFord Contact exceed expectations
- Ford, working with Microsoft, continues to enhance MyFord Contact with new capabilities and options together with extra pure and correct voice recognition, easier Bluetooth® telephone pairing and higher navigation controls
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 26, 2012 – The newest development in shopper electronics is the miniaturization of the devices we love, whereas packing them with much more efficiency reminiscent of a razor-skinny telephone that does not bulge in a pocket, smaller tablets that may be held with one hand, or music gamers that may be worn on the wrist. Ford is following go well with, and starting subsequent yr it’s going to supply MyFord Contact® with a brand new 6.5-inch LCD contact display out there on the 2014 Ford Fiesta.
“Know-how options are necessary to all of our clients together with small automotive consumers, and MyFord Contact continues to drive up buy consideration of our automobiles,” says Michelle Moody, Ford cross-car advertising supervisor. “MyFord Contact is interesting to clients, because it persistently ranks among the many prime 10 buy issues with new house owners. We’re excited to deliver it to the small automotive phase, the place it should actually assist Fiesta stand out from the gang.”
The migration of this know-how comes proper as Ford hits the 5-yr anniversary of its award-profitable SYNC® in-car connectivity system that was co-developed with Microsoft; greater than 5 million automobiles and vans have been bought with the system. Ford first launched SYNC on the 2008 Focus, then its smallest and most reasonably priced automotive. Now, unveiling MyFord Contact for Fiesta cements Ford’s dedication to creating know-how reasonably priced and accessible to everybody.
“We’re seeing robust model carry from MyFord Contact amongst in-market consumers, with sixty five % of these intending to buy a car reporting SYNC undoubtedly performs a task of their buy consideration,” says Moody. “Take charges for MyFord Contact on new car orders, such because the 2013 Escape and Fusion, proceed to outpace our inner projections. We anticipate the identical development for Fiesta.”
In addition to the brand new MyFord Contact 6.5-inch colour contact display, which is an improve over the at present out there four-inch display, the 2014 Fiesta will launch with the newest SYNC software program that provides new options together with:
- Simplified Bluetooth® telephone pairing: When pairing, the driving force merely has to hit “OK” if the PIN on the telephone and contact display match one another
- Extra pure voice recognition: Drivers can now merely say “Play ” when requesting a selected artist, music, album or style of music (i.e. “Play jazz” versus “Play style jazz”)
- Improved voice recognition accuracy: The newest model of Nuance’s speech software program, VoCon® 3200 v4.2, improves general voice recognition efficiency
- Flattened audio command construction: At any time, drivers can say the station frequency, “AM 760,” or the official identify of the Sirius station, like “Hits 1,” to tune in; drivers not have to say “Radio” or “Sirius” to point their want to take heed to these audio sources
- Simplified navigation controls: The vacation spot entry display has been improved to assist make it simpler to enter an tackle
With MyFord Contact powered by Microsoft, Fiesta drivers will be capable of keep related to their lives, simply getting the knowledge and leisure they need whereas retaining their palms on the wheel and eyes on the street.