1st and Future
In case you missed it, the NFL, TechCrunch and Stanford GSB have teamed as much as create 1ST and Future, a pitch-off competitors that includes startups in three classes, Stadium of the Future, Bringing House the Recreation and Tomorrow’s Athlete.
At present we’re saying the judges the contestants in every class will face of their bids to take a $50,000 from the NFL’s Strategic Funding Fund, two Tremendous Bowl tickets, and a gathering with senior NFL executives. We expect you’ll agree this isn’t an each-day judging line-up.
Bringing House the Recreation:
- Kevin Compton—Co-Founding father of Radar Companions
- Mary Meeker—Investor, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Mike Rothenberg—Founder and CEO, Rothenberg Ventures
- Geoff Yang—Founder, Redpoint
- Mitchel Berger, MD—Professor and Chairman, Division of Neurological Surgical procedure, UCSF; member of NFL’s Head, Neck and Backbone Committee
- Jim Breyer—Founder and CEO, Breyer Capital
- Dhani Jones—Former NFL Linebacker, Chairman, Qey Capital Companions, & Co-Founding father of Motion Streamer
- Mark Parker—CEO, Nike
- Condoleezza Rice—American political scientist and diplomat
The Future Stadium:
- Beth Comstock—Vice Chair, GE
- Invoice Gurley—Common Companion, Benchmark Capital
- Lowell McAdam—Chairman and CEO, Verizon Communications
- Jed York—CEO of the 49ers
As for the businesses that may seem on stage, they’ve all be chosen and are working arduous to organize for the competitors. We’ll announce the names on February 5.
1ST and Future begins is eight:30 – eleven:30 a.m. PST on February 6 at Stanford College’s CEMEX Auditorium. The occasion can be reside-streamed on TechCrunch. You’ll want to tune in.