Xiaomi plans to broaden gross sales to 10 new markets, however the US is not one among them
Wanting ahead to the day you should purchase a Xiaomi smartphone within the US? Hold ready. The corporate’s founder introduced the primary ten nations in Xiaomi’s worldwide enlargement immediately, and the USA did not make the reduce. A disgrace, maybe, for followers of the corporate’s reasonably priced, nicely-specced handsets, however not a lot of a shock — Xiaomi’s aversion to conventional gross sales and advertising places it at odds with what American shoppers have come to anticipate. Proper now, the corporate’s merchandise are solely out there in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore, however CEO Lei Jun says it should begin promoting units in India, Brazil, Russia, Turkey, Mexico and in a number of east asian nations and rising markets later this yr.
The corporate’s additionally simplifying its picture just a little, dropping “Xiao” from its webpage URL. The newly christened Mi.com ought to play nicely within the new markets: not solely does it match the MI branding the corporate makes use of on its MI2 and MI3 smartphones, nevertheless it’s simpler to recollect, market and — for worldwide clients — pronounce.
- Key specs
- <a href=”http://www.engadget.com/merchandise/xiaomi/telephone/” title=”Xiaomi Telephone critiques” goal=”_blank”> Critiques • 1 </a>
- Sort Smartphone
- Working system Android (Gingerbread [2.3])
- Display measurement four inches
- Inner reminiscence four GB
- Digital camera eight&#one hundred sixty;megapixels
- Dimensions four.ninety two x 2.forty eight x zero.forty seven in
- Weight 5.three oz
- Introduced 2011-08-sixteen